Monday, May 18, 2009

dangers of off-road vehicles

a day never goes by, without my life almost escaping my grasp. the reason for this? bicyclists and skateboarders. they are a dangerous nuisance.

i would be minding my own business, walking down a skinny side walk, when a cyclist speeds toward me, fully expecting me to move to the side. i do, to the minimal extent. i intend on not giving an inch to these irresponsible idiots. they ride by, so close, my hair whips up in irritated response.

take for instance, today. after lab at four, i began making my way back to the dorms, focused on the walk, when i heard a faceless someone struggling to pedal behind me. i huffed and moved to the side. only to be nearly impaled by a guy and his beach cruiser. apparently when i sided right, he sided right. right into me. well almost. i gave him a look, and he said sorry, but sorry doesn't make my heart go back to normal. i resumed my fast walking, and he trailed slowly along behind me, like a stalker, until we reached the pavement where he sped and passed me. grrrr....

the skateboarders are ten times as dangerous. they roll off at alarming speeds, down populated walkways, without any thought to all the lives they could crash into. i haven't had an instance yet, but i am just waiting. just waiting for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe he was purposely trying to get your attention!

terraworks said...

um i do not envy the man that side swipes this lady!