Thursday, October 1, 2009

lust without love

i was sitting here. thinking that i needed to find inspiration to resume my blogging, when sister c provided perfect blogging fodder.

i was rereading old blog posts, when out of the blue she says:

-remember craig? didn't i tell you about him?

i roll my eyes.

+yes sister c, you went on about him just the other day. the older science guy with the two kids, right?

-right, she sighed.

silence. i waited for the inevitable to continue.

-he was the sexiest man i've ever met.

(my eyes bulged at these foreign words coming out of her mouth)

-he was cute and everything, but just something about him was so sexy.

-you know,

(my attention started to wander as she took a deep breath)

-if he had ducked into a science room, i would have ducked in with him.

screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech...my mind halted. i blinked. numerous times. what?

+uh, i said, staring at her, i'm assuming you wouldn't be talking about black holes. at least not scientific ones.

she gave an embarrassed giggle.

-oh stop it. i was just thinking that that was total lust without love. i've never felt so instinctively attracted to someone before.

i held myself immobilized as her statements washed over me. my body quivered in offense to this wrong, oh so very wrong conversation.

as much as i tried to muffle her, one last statement spilled out

-i wrote two poems about hiiiimmmmmuffle.

i forbid myself to even entertain the thought of these two poems. what could be written in them could scar me for life.

2 comments:

Artfully Yours said...

i am amazed at what comes out of her mouth!

terraworks said...

yes it will be interesting when some scientist doing research on black holes finds himself at her blog.
poor c. (;